June 19, 2016

I can say this about fathers and know it to be true!


Happy Father's day to everyone who is a dad,
    Hello everyone, I want anyone who is a father to know one very important thing and not just because it is your day to being honored for all the lessons you work hard at to teach us, but also for your understanding the hearts of your offspring. Every year when it comes to Father's day I feel a great part of myself missing a very dear man known as Michael Joe Byrd who was the father of the three kids seen in the far right photo seen

in this group here. I remember that he always loved to hunt or fish when he was young and played football when he was in high school, he served his country as a army ranger back during the Vietnam war. I know that he was strong with punishment if it were called for, and I know that he loved all three of his kids myself Raymond Matthew Byrd, his son Michael Benjamin Byrd, and his daughter Mary Kylie Byrd. He was also a lover of dogs the main three that I remember were "Casey", Greta, and named after my good friend of when I was in element school James potter my dad named one "Jamie" My dad wasn't super religious, yet the one main father figure I can attribute that to is my mother's daddy Ben Powers seen here.    
As I have always said about my Granddaddy he was a great man in many ways he at times helped me feel love more than even my own dad was able to show at times I will say this besides being a strong man of faith in God Ben was full of  grand humor and laughter and I have to say it again full of great stories. I do believe it's from my granddaddy that I have learned to be so patience in my every day life. Then there is my brother in law Ken Mickleson whom was living in Spokane Washington when he met my step sister Merri Watson during their collage years and of course fell in love and are raising a very nice family of eight young women and two young gentlemen in Minnesota. Here is a photo of us,

during the event in Spokane Washington known as "BLOOMSDAY" which is held on the first Sunday of every month of May. I think the best thing that I can say that I have observed from Ken is Family is always at the core of  every relationship in life itself. Then I have my own blood Brother Michael that I have mentioned earlier in this post with his wife Kathie Schwarz Byrd

and for his fathering I would say that he has shared with me the everyman spirt of you deal with things as best you can with, what you have available. Which is I think of how most Men deal with life weather if they are fathers or not, the one thing I know is that being a father is really special because you get to reflect on your own childhood in strengthening ways of showing your offspring the best of who you are as a fellow human being. To all of my friends that I have known from both my own high school days to my coworkers at Albertsons, and elsewhere  just remember you have done/ are doing what matters most to you and that's raising a great family with encouraging respect of love for your inner soul of spreading hope in the world knowing the best you that you are!     
      Again  Happy Father's Day to every trying father, in this world of planet earth.

1 comment:

Nancy Watson said...

Wonderful post Matt. Thank you for telling about Granddaddy. He sure loved you a lot.