December 22, 2009

What's a song's meaning to you?

Hey everyone & anyone,
You know what after hearing a song this morning on K-Love radio it was the first time even though I didn't get to hear the whole song or even know the song's name, it truly got me thinking about how a song any song for that matter can affect anyone. A song can make you feel like your needs are not always met, and you need to just be by yourself to sort out what's going on in your day at other times a song just makes you want to shout out to the blasted world how darn happy you are. There are some people who like a song because they like it's melody, there are some who like a song for it's rhyme or beat. Some just like a song because it easy to whistle it when one maybe stressed out about something. Any song is really meant to open one's eyes to the way we all see our selves in this place we called planet earth our home. Everyone & anyone knows a song is really a moment in the artist's life of where they hopefully convey a message of what they have learned from a particularity instant realization of their own Pain or Joy through storytelling their said feelings into words of hope for not only themselves but for many others as well.
As I'm writing this I'm listening to John Williams score to Star Wars Episode III: REVENGE OF THE SITH, for myself I find that when I want to sit down and really get into writing something I need to keep my mind following on that train of thought. Now I'm a guy whose taste in music varies I love movie & TV soundtracks quite a lot, but every now and again I love some good ol Rock and Roll as well. I also like religous or at least contemporary religous music like Chris Rice, Micheal W. Smith & Steven Crutis Chapman to name just a few. I beleieve that listening to any kind of music can really help anyone to find one's need for what it is that anyone needs are?, I hope that after reading this you yourself find a great song the next time you find that you know you need one to inspire you whatever that song is I wish you the best of your listening choice.

1 comment:

Nancy Watson said...

Matt, I agree totally with this posting. Thanks for reminding me of the value of music in our lives. Music can really make my spirit soar, it can make me sing, dance and appreciate life more.