October 24, 2008

It's only been one week


Hey there everyone,
I want to share with you what I got last week on Friday night from my brother, when he came home from work. I of course really paid for it so it's not like it is a gift from him or anyth
ing at all like that, but it sure as heck is very nice indeed. Here's a small hint as to what it is?, It will help me come the second month of next year in 2,009, I can also use this thing as a monitor as my computer screen if I want/wish to as well. OK enough with the guessing games it's a 42 inch plasma screen High Definition TV with a 16:9 screen.

Since I'd been hearing about everybody needing to upgrade their analog broadcast signal to HI DEF by getting a government receiver tuner or get a HI DEF TV I decided to go with the latter for you can more choices with a TV than you can with a converter box, at least from how my folks & my brother & a few friends that I know kept telling me. My folks also thought that it would be better to get a HI DEF TV before the February deadline in the new year. So my brother had offered to look for it for me when I was ready. He knew I wanted it to compatible ports for my DVD player & Playstation2 as seen in the picture above.
Here are a few pictures my mom took of me with my new High Definition TV try guess what the ice scene is from here. It's a scene from the derictor's cut of SUPERMAN the movie from 1978, when he's going thru the street to the hide out of Lex Luthor but this scene was cut to make movie fit a two hour time frame. I myself happen upon a copy of the film at our old Suncoast in our mall, a few years back. The next one is when he saves Lois lane from her helicopter crashing when he makes his appearace known to the whole world for the first time. the scene's name is "You got me, but who got you?"
Finally here a pure great pic of the late Bill Bixby in the new Incredible Hulk movie that stars Edward Norton as the part that Bix played in the live action TV show of the same name in the late '70's into the early '80's. Norton's Banner is flipping channels to learn "Portuguese" and come across an episode of "The courtships of Eddie's father" which Bix starred in the late '60's.
I have yet to try my Playstation2 out on this nice TV but so far on it I've watched Star Trek, First Contact, some New & old He-man cartoons, the classic Flash Gordon from the "80's" The "new" Incredbile Hulk movie & the classic TV show as well which I do after posting this as well, & Finally Heroes which I tried to watch when it first aired in 2,004 but I was to tried to watch but I found agreat deal at Hasting not long ago of buy one DVD gift set get another for free so I went with Heroes season one after teasing myself again with season three which is running now it's called Villains for you Heroes fans out there. I enjoy season one alot of the few episodes I've seen thus far.

No comments: