November 01, 2023

A classic Halloween movie a day later....

 Hello Everyone,                                                                                                                                           Yes it is officially just the first of the month that has the most meaningful holiday that we as humans seems to choose to find our own way of not being fairly faithful to, as we truly should be respectful of remembering.  I am of course talking about the very last Thursday of November in which we celebrate with our families and friends of being Thankful for what we have been generous to be having shared and helped others throughout the whole year till that moment of time. Rather if it was about being kind to someone that we have met through the year, or have seen hope from other people trying to find a way to encourage not only ourselves but their own existence against being dragged down to their lowest possible point... and finding out the inner strength of inspiration to helping everyone out. Yes of course I am talking about the holiday called Thanksgiving. I do hope that you will try to focus on finding generous rewarding contributions of sharing your yearly interest in conversations with your family and friends who you will be sharing that great Thursday of whatever your shared meal is or will be? The very reason why I am actually bringing this up is because this very November will of twenty,  twenty three will be ending on a Thursday.                                              Now onward and upward to the very title of this very entry of tonight's of a Halloween belated movie that is a classic no matter if it makes one think or even better yet makes one be full of great fear and or frighteness! In a way before I get into the heart of this film I have to say in every way possible the main character is supposedly the color of this very text. (Which will be brought up in of this movie review)....  I will also say before starting this review of what this classic film is that I have in one place or another talked or have had wallpaper images of this title character that are both very funny or very scary in the past especially when it was the month we just left called October... I saw tonight Frankenstein  the monument to both science gone completely wrong because of one of the two men seen here 

are outside of a cemetery watching a funeral ceremony concluding with a burial of a unfortunate soul being placed freshly into the ground. After the grave digger walks away they just dig up the body anyway! Then we get to know that the one in the background of the picture is a doctor and he has been trying find body parts from the recently past souls of dead people to do something with them? Yet we are at same time introduced to the doctor's only achilles heel is a young woman named Elizabeth who wants to marry him and his name is Henry Frankenstein. Henry did at one point in his life work with the greatest medical school that the small village the two of them are living in. BUT at some point, let his work consume his own train of thought to drive his own perspective of being good or dangerously deranged take over his own saintanty.                                                                     The man pressed against the oversized fence gate ( because of Henry Frankenstein seemingly telling him to be quiet is his assistance Fritz), of the entrance of the cemetery... who helps Henry in finding those corpses for his driven dream of bringing something from the dead back to life. One of the things that Fritz errors in is that when the two are looking for a fresh body with a normal brain he accidentally kills the hanging body by cutting it off of a gollow that has exactly what Henry is wanting a perfect sample of a regular human brain by breaking the neck... which makes the brain useless...                                                                       Henry later invites his mentor Doctor Waldman  and his soon to be finance Elizabeth to witness his own triumph of bringing a bulit body to life. Which is seen here! 
                    
He and Fritz send the lab table to the top of his watch tower's open roof... and exposes the corpse to the power of flowing through the rain clouds and then is pulled back to the lab. And Henry views with his own eyes                                 

                                                      that he had succeeded in being absolutely insanely intelligence. It is after bringing his monster to life he tries to teach it to be more than just a mindless being yet Henry doesn't know that the brain he used was an abnormal one....                                                                              The monster eventually finds his way out of the lab and meets a little girl named Maria at a river where she is making boat flowers and she teaches the monster how to do                                                                                 

   it as well. Eventually the  monster with still very little understanding of what they are doing at all tries to see if Maria is like a floating boat. Then all of the villagers go after the monster and put an end to what it had done. Yet the film doesn't end there and I will offer you as chance to explore how this scary classic on a streaming service or maybe even YouTube if you're interested! 
          As  to my overall thoughts on what I think of the film are right here, for myself each time when as I was growing up I would always be finding myself completely waking up at some point in the film and not knowing what it was that I had missed. It sure wasn't because I was afraid of the character... in fact the only scary character that had me out of my seat or scared no matter what was Witches and when I was younger for the longest time I could never watch the Wizard of Oz film because of yes of course the Wicked witch of the west, 
          even though I did see the one Mister Rogers neighborhood show with the actress who played the Wicked witch named Margaret Hamilton. It took me years still even after seeing that very episode before I ever was brave enough to watch it all the way through! Sorry for the quick sidebar of what did frightened me in the way of Halloween characters, but I really had to put it in this one since I am talking about movies in a way that celebrate the candy giving away day of the year. The actual story of Frankenstein at the point of when this film was made was already one hundred and thirteen years old. The film was directed by James Whale, and had a play made about the monster a few years before the movie was released in nineteen twenty seven, when the movie was released in nineteen thirty one. Many of the people who were in this are in other classical monster movies that are under the Universeral Studios production. Some examples of these crossovers are the young man who played Fritz ( Dwight Frye), played Renfield, in Dracula which was released the same year as Frankenstein. He was in The Invisible Man as a newspaper reporter (1933), he was various other characters in four other Frankenstein films. Which were made from (1935-1943). The young girl who was Little Maria (Marilyn Harris),  was also in Frankenstein again in it's sequel Bride of Frankenstein in (1935) but was uncredited in it. Marilyn was seven years old when she played Maria in 1933, she died on December first, of nineteen, ninety nine... Now onto the man who portrayed the MONSTER of this film, 
Boris Karloff was born for real on November twenty third, eightee hundred and eighty seven. He was the MONSTER twice throughout the Frankenstein films (nineteen thirty one, through nineteen forty eight). Besides playing good ol Frankie, he also was the Imhotep a high priest of ancient Egypt in nineteen thirty two's THE MUMMY. He was the host of the television series "THRILLER " which was originally run from September thirteenth,  nineteen, sixty through till April thirteenth,  nineteen sixty two, it was an anthology series based on horror theme stories. At some eventual point I may do a overall review of that series, but the last big thing Karloff did the most people know about was that he was both the narrator and voice of the Grinch in Dr Seuss' "How the Grinch stole Christmas" animated special, which was made in nineteen sixty six.                             Is there anything that I maybe have forgotten for a good review of Frankenstein from nineteen, thrity one I am sure that yes there is? But I will admit that I am really okay with that because I know that I can find more interesting notes on each viewing. Now before I truly will leave you to your evening of late night fun for the first of November of twenty,  twenty three I want to share with everyone my current image from when I open my cell phone was this  `
 which is from my vacation that I had earlier this past summer with my folks when we took a cruise from California to Vancouver Canada. This piece of art was on the aft section of the eleventh deck of the ship. As well when we were finding in Vancouver itself I have had this  
on my phone when I have been opening my phone to accessing my main stuff of doing my outings on the internet.  Here I am by the Gastown steam clock in downtown Vancouver, Canada. Then also since late May I have had this as my ENERGIZING wallpaper 
of the classic brother and sister Adam and Adora the twins of King Randor and his wife Marlena... raising their swords of destiny and are here their super powered selves HE-MAN and SHE-RA with glittering prismatic background was on my tablet when I was opening it,since the end of May. Then as well when I was looking at my tablet's main screen I was devouring a whole other take of sword holders seen here 
           
of  the Hero HE-MAN and his adversity Skeletor are holding aloft their power swords at each stronghold in classic FILMATION the animation company that made the cartoon series based on the Masters of the universe toyline, which was start in nineteen eighty one officially. Yes if you are wondering I will be adding a full review of each episode of both HE-MAN and SHE-RA animated series to my list of upcoming events that will be available here fairly soon....  
       Before I give you my full grade of the Frankenstein movie that is over ninety years old and I will let you find out on your own of how old it actually is, I have to remember to at the same time that I am changing out my plates on both my tablet and on my phone I will be changing the background of this 
very site, since the month of May of twenty,twenty three has a particular big back story which I am still working on in my set of ideas... but I can honestly say DO WE UNDERSTAND OUR relationship WITH OUR DEAR EARTH! My overall grade for the original Frankenstein film is A +! 


 

No comments: