November 11, 2016

First time for everything.....















Hello All,
   Well for the last few weeks or perhaps two weeks M.E.T.V. which is an acronym for Memorable Entertainment Television (maybe the owners of the station could think up of a better use for the letter V as in Viewed just a suggestion? I don't really know myself , but Television is only ONE WORD when you pronounce it is all.....Just a little more thought for us thinkers, I guess!), was showing that they were going to be airing the M*A*S*H* finale titled "GOODBYE,FAREWELL AND AMEN" on this upcoming veterans day. Which is today, and I have always wanted to see this because when it aired back in nineteen eighty three I was only eleven years old and even though I had  known what the definition of what war was I was I still vey much into "Kid Things" and what I MOSTLY KNEW OF WAR WAS FINCTIONAL!
    M*A*S*H* was airing for up to ten years at this point, it's closet competitor in years of airing wise was on television was with the leather jacket wearing guy seen here


  
known as Arthur Fonearelli better called Fonzine played by Henry Winkler on the series called HAPPY DAYS yet was started a whole year apart from one another, with M*A*S*H* starting production  in nineteen seventy two the year I was born in. M*A*S*H* was about the Korean War that went and started in June twenty fifth, nineteen fifty and ended just three years later by a month and two days, which was July twenty seventh, nineteen fifty three. The ending result was an Armistice cease fire by both the South and North Korea and still till the present day both sides are in dispute over what is right.
          What I had found out from watching this was a whole lot of the stories that were told did in part actually happen during war itself that are in the series itself. This was from the segments with the cast and production crew during the commercial breaks while it aired original on M.E.T.V. back during Veteran Day a few years back in twenty fourteen which  had been thirty one years since it's original airing on the CBS network way back in February twenty eighth, nineteen eighty three. As I watched this I could see why so many Americans and others around the whole globe for that matter were tuned in for seeing the heartfelt ending to the series that they came to know as home. M*A*S*H* had comedy in it, it had seriousness in it's tone, yet most of all it dealt with the ordeal of what the impact of  war IS weather your coming home or the exact sadden reversal of dealing with NEVER COMING HOME BECAUSE YOU DIED IN ACTION.
        Now I have to say that I have also seen the M*A*S*H* movie that the television series is based on back in nineteen eighty four or eighty five and I have to say it had it's own powerhouse way of hitting the viewer with tearing at your soul. Again if you know anyone who has returned from any war that you are remembering to "THANK THEM FOR THEIR SERVICE of doing what YOU may find very hard to do which is laying THEIR VERY LIVES DOWN FOR THE SAFTY OF THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD!
    
   

No comments: