February 28, 2010

A long overdue day...

Boy today was a long time in coming for me in a couple of ways and both paid off in a BIG WAY. First if you will all recall from my year end blog posting I had said I was still trying to find a church home, well today on February twenty eight of the year two thousand and ten I went back to church for the first time in at least two years. I'm still not sure what kept me away directly for sure all that said time expect for thinking "I need to spend only one day with our heavenly father and that's it all said and done with it all", but I know as I said before knowing God and spending time with HIM are really a part of who I Matt am deep down in my soul I thought going to a "MEN'S fellowship breakfast was all I had to do on Saturdays which what I did do for at least three years time now off and on at the Cathedral of Joy which is just a few miles up the street behind me, here's a picture of it's backside that I took from a walk that I have done only twice before (maybe sometime I'll blog about that.) Well to say that going to church was a great thing would be a understatement in the least. The sermon was about "FOR GOD SO LOVED THE CHURCH with CHURCH crossed out and over the x out church was the word WORLD". Boy it was put together well expect for one small part I will get to that in a moment, the pastor was working from the book of "James" for his point in relaying the course of the message he was pointing out how we all condone spreading the understanding of worship with thy self but then keeping it to oneself instead of sharing it with everyone who needs/wants to seek GOD'S understanding and can not because churches are like airports? how's that again you say "churches are not airports but are they all churches promise it you follow their faith all you have to do is wait. When you book a flight anywhere what is it that you have to do? Wait. They showed a video clip of this with a example of a girl getting a dog that didn't know it own name but responded to per grated shredded cheese so as you can see when she lost her dog there was only one way to get it to come back. Here's my gripe about the whole thing though ALL Churches that think they are right because the are Republicans and if your a Democrat you don't matter to GOD when I say it doesn't matter what one's view of politics are what matters is how GOD sees All of us as vessels to spread his teachings. Outside of that the Message was great.
Now I said there were two things that made today overdue didn't I?, Well yesterday I got in touch with my sister in law Kathie, we made plans after church to spend some time together today. I called her today after my Church service got over and we, she brought my niece Heidi and nephew Cannon with her and we went out to eat at a place called . Out in their parking lot Heidi & Cannon both gave me a big hug while Kathie took the picture
Heidi & Cannon both went with having something off of the "kids menu" so that they could get some cotton candy. I had good ol American Macaroni & Cheese Kathie was truly brave one of us at trying something she'd never had it was an Asian noodle dish that I forget it's name right at the moment, while we waiting Cannon & Heidi had a st patty day shamrock they could color Heidi dedicated hers to me. After we got done eating we went to feed the geese down at Columbia park, but first we went to Winco a grocery store where everything is super cheap an got a loaf of bread for the geese. While on the way to Winco Kathie told me that Heidi was going to be in a play at her school sometime in March and wanted to know if I'd like to come, but first they have know the play's dates which Heidi is to find out about this week sometime. While waiting in the parking lot of Winco both Cannon & Heidi dove into their cotton candy. I got an easy photo of Cannon and his cotton candy as seen here, but getting Heidi photo was a bit harder because she was right behind me and at first I aim the camera to high with my second attempt I got it just right.

When we got to Columbia park we saw a ice cream truck and even though Heidi & Cannon were full of sugar already Cannon
still asked if he could have some ice cream even though when we were in our car he just promised he wouldn't ask, so it was to say in the least a relief when he said "Oh alright". With Cannon's first piece of bread you can see how much he was eying the geese as he feed them. Within a few minutes I too had joined in on the bread tossing fun with both of my niece and nephew in another pound just across the way. Kathie noticed a what she called a "Dog's eye" I think before I had joined Heidi & Cannon in that bread tossing fun I think I got a great shot of it, I was not looking at the sun this was to the left of it and these have what looks like a rainbow burst coming out of them when your looking at one straight on. I attempted to take a few shots with my camera setting of automatic and a few on the setting of P on the mode dial which sets the shutter of the camera to where no light but natural light gets in the photo one would be taking. After we got done feeding the geese we head to the other side of the park where there was a "Big Toy play set", that is what I remember calling these when I was a kid. Heidi was at first playing store with Cannon and the other kids there when I commented to Kathie, "Hey doesn't that remind you of Lucy giving Charlie Brown advice in the "Peanuts" comic strip" she of course agreed it sure did look that way. Heidi was a real climber at some point in her playing and a little later on Cannon too followed suit by climbing this same thing.
Then before we left please don't ask me how, but Cannon found himself in "Big Toy" jail. While his older sister Heidi had made a "new friend" at that said time , we stayed for at least ten more minutes of playtime then headed home. When we got to my house before leaving the car I had been talking all day about a gift in the way of a belated Valentine's Day for the kids on the way there to my place. So I ended up giving them two small stuffed animals with candy and a card as well. Now I may still be unsure of which church home I may wish to be a part of at least for now I am, but I know what's important even if I really get a small amount of time with them and that is family.

1 comment:

Nancy Watson said...

Thanks for sharing your special day. It is really good to see pictures of Heidi and Cannon. I can't wait to see them for real.